Piper Jaffray Remains Underweight on Deere & Co. (DE) Following Investor Event
- Wall St. reverses course as discretionary, industrials weigh
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Underweight rating and $70.00 price target on Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE) after meeting with management at an investor event on Monday. Management did not provide any additional insight into FY17, but gave more information around the areas the expected $500M of cost savings will come from over the next two years.
Analyst Brett Wong commented, "We come away with continued caution for shares of DE following Monday’s investor event leading into the Farm Progress show this week, where management clarified some confusion still lingering from the 3Q call as well as provided a detailed look into Deere’s precision offering. Management did not provide any additional insight into FY17, but gave more color around the areas the expected $500M of cost savings will come from over the next two years, focused on improving efficiencies to structurally remove costs. DE also spoke to the ongoing used inventory issues although expects minimal impact to FINCO near-term, while also reiterated a down planter order book, albeit early. Although the difficult backdrop continues to impact farmer appetite to invest in new offerings, DE remains focused on building out new technologies still oriented around connectivity and integrating available offerings on the Deere platform. Remain Underweight with $70 target."
Shares of Deere closed at $86.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!