Piper Jaffray Remains Sidelined on Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) as Concerns Grow
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $30.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Recent pullbacks in SBH shares would historically have been viewed as a favorable buying opportunity. However, concerns are being validated by near-term fundamentals that the business is getting increasingly costly to achieve similar run rates in sales.
Analyst Stephanie Wissink commented, "We are heavily conflicted in our view of SBH shares on the pullback. It would appear a decent buying opportunity for a model that is comping positively and delivering modest margin improvement. However, increased variability quarter to quarter is creating valuation risk and resurfacing questions around the costs to sustain growth. The company has deployed heavy efforts at the store level over the last year to drive better continuity in traffic, but loyalty card customers continue to shop retail stores less, implying cost levels are out of synch with sales. The professional segment is benefiting from a mix shift as stores capture more volume from the legacy sales force. On balance, total comps were below models in Q2, the recovery curve is being elongated, and downside risk remains to traffic recovery assumptions. We are lowering our multiple to 16x and PT to $28 as a result."
Shares of Sally Beauty Holdings closed at $26.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!