Piper Jaffray Remains Sidelined on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 2Q Miss
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating and $48.00 price target on G-III Apparel Group (NASDAQ: GIII) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Sales were down 7% to $442M vs. the Street's $485M. The company reported a LPS of ($0.03), well below guidance and the Street's $0.18.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are reiterating our Neutral rating on GIII shares following its Q2 report, where the company reported a loss per share of $0.03, well below our EPS estimate of $0.15 and the Street's $0.18. Sales for Q2 were $442M or down 7% YY vs. our $485M estimate which was looking for a 2% Y/Y increase. In the release, mgmt indicated that wholesale for non-outerwear continued to be the bright spot offset by outerwear weakness and retail underperformance. We note the company has an additional 8-K out this morning giving further long-term details on the business model. As it relates to guidance, management lowered its FY17 guidance from sales of $2.56B to $2.48B and EPS from $2.55-$2.65 to $2.16-$2.26. Looking at Q3 in particular, sales are estimated to be $940M (vs. our $1,021M estimate and the Street's $1,007M estimate) and EPS is forecasted in a range of $1.50- $1.60 (PJC: $2.07 vs. Street: $2.02)."
Shares of G-III Apparel closed at $41.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!