Piper Jaffray Remains Sidelined on Dollar Tree (DLTR) Following 2Q Comp Miss
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Dollar Tree (NASDAQ: DLTR), and cut the price target to $85.00 (from $87.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. DLTR missed comps with 1.2% coming in below 2.5% estimates. Management noted cannibalization from the Deal$ and FDO store re-bannering to DLTR was a -80 bps headwind to comp.
Analyst Peter Keith commented, "We are maintaining our Neutral rating on DLTR and lowering our PT slightly to $85 on our revised estimates following the Q2 print, which saw a slight miss on both comp and EPS. At a minimum, the Q2 print showed that neither the DLTR nor the FDO segments are immune from various pressures in the marketplace (SNAP reductions, food price deflation, and competitive pressures). These dynamics were not quantified, but both segment comps stepped down from prior quarters. Going forward, core DLTR should be less impacted by these dynamics, but we are less optimistic about the FDO comp improving. The merger synergy and cash flow dynamics at DLTR remain intriguing, and valuation has now reset to a more reasonable level, in our view. We would like to see more improvement in sales trends at FDO stores to become more positive on DLTR shares. We are adjusting down 2016 and 2017 estimates modestly."
Shares of Dollar Tree closed at $85.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!