Piper Jaffray Remains Sidelined on Allergan (AGN) Following Mixed 2Q
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Allergen (NYSE: AGN), and cut the price target to $227.00 (from $236.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. AGN reported non-GAAP diluted EPS of $3.35 on revenue of $3.68B, compared to Street estimates of $3.33 and $3.97B, respectively.
Analyst David Amsellem commented, "Allergan reported 2Q16 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $3.35 on revenue of $3.68B, compared to Street estimates of $3.33 and $3.97B, respectively. The growth trajectory for key topline drivers, namely Botox, Linzess and Restasis, continues to be impressive. That said, we continue to view AGN’s commercial portfolio as a mixed bag (i.e., significant exposure to mature/declining assets beyond new launches and AGN’s top 4-5 sellers). We believe that AGN shares, at a 2017 P/E of 14x our estimate, already reflect significant contribution from new launches and that at current levels, AGN will need to execute on the pipeline as well as acquisitions/in-licensings in order to drive significant value creation (i.e., providing more visibility on a double-digit long-term EPS CAGR). We reiterate our Neutral rating and are slightly lowering our PT to $227 from $236 (owing to modest estimate revisions and unchanged 13x target multiple)."
Shares of Allergen closed at $248.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!