Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Target (TGT) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Wall Street set to open higher; Dow to hit record level
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating and $86.00 price target on Target (NYSE: TGT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TGT reported an $0.11 EPS beat, while comps were down 1.1%. Comparable sales in both Q3 and Q4 are expected down 2% to flat compared to current Street estimates of +1.2% and +1.7% for Q3 and Q4, respectively. Q3 EPS is expected in the range of $0.75 to $0.95 compared to consensus at $0.96.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Target reported Q2 results this morning with comparable sales in-line with guidance and Street estimates while earnings beat by $0.11. Transactions were down 2.2% in the quarter while the average transaction amount was up 1.1%. Guidance was disappointing as the company expects sales pressure to continue throughout the back half of the year. Q3 and Q4 comp sales were guided down 2% to flat compared to the Street at +1.2% and +1.7% for Q3 and Q4, respectively. EPS is now expected in the range of $4.80 to $5.20, bracketing consensus at $5.13. While the forecast for continued comp pressure is disappointing, we believe the depressed valuation should limit downside today for TGT shares."
Shares of Target closed at $75.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
- BTIG Downgrades iRhythm Technologies (IRTC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!