Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Michael Kors (KORS) After Meeting with Management
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating and $64.00 price target on Michael Kors (NYSE: KORS) after meeting with management. KORS is launching e-com mid-Sept in the UK and has been testing the launch thus far. The broader management team is very focused on reinvigorating newness to the category and is constantly pushing new ideas.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We met with Cederic Wilmotte, KORS' President of EMEA, this week in London at the company's new Regent Street store location (opened May 12). The new Regent Street store was impressive with men's and women's well-displayed. The fixtures & elements of the store were different from the majority of the fleet with a more elevated feel. While Michael Kors is not immune from the volatility in tourist trends in Europe nor the political uncertainty in the region, we believe the company is executing on several strategies: 1) consolidation of select wholesale doors within Europe; 2) the methodical testing and roll out of e-com currently; 3) re-invigorating product newness/innovation; and 4) growing men's & footwear in the region. For context, Europe is ~21% of sales. We remain positive on KORS as an inexpensive, recovery play."
Shares of Michael Kors closed at $49.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Michael Kors (KORS) calls expiring Friday active
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Safe Bulkers (SB) at Hold
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!