Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Foot Locker (FL) After Meeting with Management
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating and $72.00 price target on Foot Locker (NYSE: FL) after meeting with management in Germany and the UK.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We recently met with regional management from Foot Locker in both Germany and the UK. We believe the athletic cycle in Europe is at a much earlier phase than in the U.S. and the strength in adidas is undisputed in the market. While NIKE is still strong, we believe the resurgence of adidas has taken a toll on NIKE's growth rate in the region. We believe FL is well positioned to capture increasing traffic geared towards "athletic trends" in the region, particularly given its service model sets it apart from the local competition. Further, its multi-branded portfolio positions FL in a win-win stance to capitalize on the acceleration of adidas (a greater % of sales in EU vs. US), the ongoing NKE trends as well as brands like Puma that are gaining traction. For context, Europe is ~25% of FL's sales and the major banners are FL, Sidestep and Runner's Point."
Shares of Foot Locker closed at $66.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!