Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Finisar (FNSR) Ahead of 1Q Report
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating and $24.00 price target on Finisar (NASDAQ: FNSR) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. Piper Jaffray recently held meetings with the company and believes that estimates remain conservative. For the upcoming July quarter, the Street is calling for FNSR’s Datacom revenues to grow 1.2% sequentially, but on average, the optical group’s Datacom business grew ~9.0% Q/Q in the June quarter.
Analyst Troy Jensen commented, "Finisar is scheduled to report FQ1 results after the close on Thursday, September 8th. Given the better-than-anticipated demand the optical component companies experienced within their Datacom and Telecom businesses during the June quarter and the upbeat investor meetings we recently hosted with these same companies, we believe Finisar’s estimates are too conservative and expect the company to exceed consensus expectations. In addition, with the 2nd wave of China tenders expected to be awarded in 2H16, coupled with the 100G Datacom and Verizon Metro build-out ramp, we do not believe Street estimates are reflecting the true potential of these large catalysts and anticipate Finisar to guide FQ2 revenues above the Street. We also continue to view Finisar’s FY17 estimates as extremely conservative, and see meaningful estimate revisions as the 100G cycle ramps. We are reiterating our OW rating and $24 price target."
Shares of Finisar closed at $22.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
- Piper Jaffray Downgrades CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) to Neutral Amid Takeover
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Troy Jensen
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!