Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Alamo Group (ALG) Following Soft 2Q
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Alamo Group (NYSE: ALG), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue of $212M fell below Street expectations, and EPS of $0.92 was below the Street at $1.00.
Analyst Brett Wong commented, "Although headwinds have picked up for ALG as we have moved through the year, we continue to favor the stock on a relative basis to other ag machinery names due to its resilience in ag equipment demand and stable government demand for industrial equipment. We are lowering our estimates, where we are now modeling just modest earnings growth this year as continued headwinds are expected to impact profitability. We still expect a reacceleration in earnings growth in FY17 despite lowering our estimate as Industrial growth remains healthy and ag improves modestly given the more resilient demand compared to heavier-HP machinery. Our price target moves to $70 on valuation and we remain Overweight the stock."
Shares of Alamo Group closed at $63.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- eBay (EBAY) Turnaround on Track, Buy the Dip - Susquehanna
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $110 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!