Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Alamo Group (ALG) Following Soft 2Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Alamo Group (NYSE: ALG), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue of $212M fell below Street expectations, and EPS of $0.92 was below the Street at $1.00.
Analyst Brett Wong commented, "Although headwinds have picked up for ALG as we have moved through the year, we continue to favor the stock on a relative basis to other ag machinery names due to its resilience in ag equipment demand and stable government demand for industrial equipment. We are lowering our estimates, where we are now modeling just modest earnings growth this year as continued headwinds are expected to impact profitability. We still expect a reacceleration in earnings growth in FY17 despite lowering our estimate as Industrial growth remains healthy and ag improves modestly given the more resilient demand compared to heavier-HP machinery. Our price target moves to $70 on valuation and we remain Overweight the stock."
Shares of Alamo Group closed at $63.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!