Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Alamo Group (ALG) Following Soft 2Q
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Alamo Group (NYSE: ALG), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue of $212M fell below Street expectations, and EPS of $0.92 was below the Street at $1.00.
Analyst Brett Wong commented, "Although headwinds have picked up for ALG as we have moved through the year, we continue to favor the stock on a relative basis to other ag machinery names due to its resilience in ag equipment demand and stable government demand for industrial equipment. We are lowering our estimates, where we are now modeling just modest earnings growth this year as continued headwinds are expected to impact profitability. We still expect a reacceleration in earnings growth in FY17 despite lowering our estimate as Industrial growth remains healthy and ag improves modestly given the more resilient demand compared to heavier-HP machinery. Our price target moves to $70 on valuation and we remain Overweight the stock."
Shares of Alamo Group closed at $63.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!