Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Alamo Group (ALG) Following Soft 2Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Alamo Group (NYSE: ALG), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue of $212M fell below Street expectations, and EPS of $0.92 was below the Street at $1.00.
Analyst Brett Wong commented, "Although headwinds have picked up for ALG as we have moved through the year, we continue to favor the stock on a relative basis to other ag machinery names due to its resilience in ag equipment demand and stable government demand for industrial equipment. We are lowering our estimates, where we are now modeling just modest earnings growth this year as continued headwinds are expected to impact profitability. We still expect a reacceleration in earnings growth in FY17 despite lowering our estimate as Industrial growth remains healthy and ag improves modestly given the more resilient demand compared to heavier-HP machinery. Our price target moves to $70 on valuation and we remain Overweight the stock."
Shares of Alamo Group closed at $63.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!