Piper Jaffray Remains Bearish on Fossil Group (FOSL) Following 2Q Results and Guidance
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Underweight rating and $25.00 Price Target on Fossil Group (NASDAQ: FOSL) following the company's 2Q earnings report and conference call. Sales were reported at $685M vs. $673M estimates. EPS was at $0.12 vs. the Street's $0.09. Q3 was issued well-below expectations. Sales are forecasted to be down 6%-2% vs. former -0.7% estimates and EPS of $0.15-$0.40 compares the the Street's $0.68.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We remain concerned about the trajectory of FOSL's business following the Q2 call. While EPS bested expectations, some costs planned for Q2 were deferred (not quantified) and the Americas, despite a higher promotional cadence in outlets and a higher reliance on off-price, decelerated sequentially from Q1. Watch trends also moderated slightly on a sequential basis. In terms of Q3 guidance, sales are expected to be down 6%-2% and EPS in a range of $0.15-$0.40 (vs. Street of $0.68). We estimate 2H sales are supported by ~$110-$120M in revenue coming from wearables--offset by an on-going decline of traditional watches. We note the first wave of wearables will hit retail stores at the end of August but the vast majority of sell-throughs are planned to occur in December. In terms of our estimates, we are reducing our estimates and remain comfortable with our $25 PT."
Shares of Fossil closed at $30.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!