Piper Jaffray Reiterates Underweight on Kroger (KR) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Underweight rating and $31.00 price target on Kroger (NYSE: KR) ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Over the course of Q2 earnings reports, we have consistently heard about weakness from deflation, food stamp cuts and generally weaker traffic trends, offset partially by some marginally better than expected gross margin trends. That said, we believe the same store sales guidance from Kroger remains important as the 2 year trend has a .77 correlation with the stock's relative multiple over the past 14 years and it is currently decelerating. We believe the decelerating 2 year comp trend will make multiple expansion difficult and maintain our Underweight rating and $31 PT despite solid business execution."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!