Piper Jaffray Reiterates Underweight on Kroger (KR) Ahead of 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Underweight rating and $31.00 price target on Kroger (NYSE: KR) ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Over the course of Q2 earnings reports, we have consistently heard about weakness from deflation, food stamp cuts and generally weaker traffic trends, offset partially by some marginally better than expected gross margin trends. That said, we believe the same store sales guidance from Kroger remains important as the 2 year trend has a .77 correlation with the stock's relative multiple over the past 14 years and it is currently decelerating. We believe the decelerating 2 year comp trend will make multiple expansion difficult and maintain our Underweight rating and $31 PT despite solid business execution."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!