Piper Jaffray Reiterates Underweight on Kroger (KR) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Underweight rating and $31.00 price target on Kroger (NYSE: KR) ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Over the course of Q2 earnings reports, we have consistently heard about weakness from deflation, food stamp cuts and generally weaker traffic trends, offset partially by some marginally better than expected gross margin trends. That said, we believe the same store sales guidance from Kroger remains important as the 2 year trend has a .77 correlation with the stock's relative multiple over the past 14 years and it is currently decelerating. We believe the decelerating 2 year comp trend will make multiple expansion difficult and maintain our Underweight rating and $31 PT despite solid business execution."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) PT Raised to $33 at Credit Suisse; Reiterates Neutral
- CSX (CSX) Activist Rumblings Should Put Upward Pressure on Shares, Says Deutsche Bank
- People's United Bank (PBCT) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!