Piper Jaffray Reiterates Underweight on Guess? (GES) Following 2Q
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Underweight rating and $12.00 price target on Guess? (NYSE: GES) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Guess reported EPS of $0.14 vs. the Street at $0.06. Revenue was flat Y/Y and was driven by Europe, which grew 7% Y/Y in the quarter. Management reduced its FY17 Sales guidance calling for revenue between 3.0% and 5.0% vs. previously at 5.5% to 7.5%.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are reiterating our UW rating on shares of GES despite better-than-expected Q2 results. While Q2 EPS of $0.14 bested our $0.08 estimate and the Street's $0.06 estimate, we note $0.06 of the beat came from "other income". Sales were in line with our estimate and gross margins declined 220 bps. Inventory was +13% Y/Y. By region, sales were worse in licensing (down 13%) as watches in particular remained weak. Sales in NA wholesale and Asia declined 8% and 6%, respectively. Europe remained a brightspot with sales +7% aided by positive DD comps & new stores. On the call, mgmt. indicated they would no longer be giving QTD comps. Store openings have been adjusted and mgmt. is pushing out 10 NA stores into FY18 while accelerating an additional 10 new stores in Europe. While the low end of FY17 EPS moves up, sales guidance is now for 3-5% growth vs. 5.5-7.5%, prior."
Shares of Guess closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!