Piper Jaffray Reiterates Underweight on Guess? (GES) Following 2Q
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Underweight rating and $12.00 price target on Guess? (NYSE: GES) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Guess reported EPS of $0.14 vs. the Street at $0.06. Revenue was flat Y/Y and was driven by Europe, which grew 7% Y/Y in the quarter. Management reduced its FY17 Sales guidance calling for revenue between 3.0% and 5.0% vs. previously at 5.5% to 7.5%.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are reiterating our UW rating on shares of GES despite better-than-expected Q2 results. While Q2 EPS of $0.14 bested our $0.08 estimate and the Street's $0.06 estimate, we note $0.06 of the beat came from "other income". Sales were in line with our estimate and gross margins declined 220 bps. Inventory was +13% Y/Y. By region, sales were worse in licensing (down 13%) as watches in particular remained weak. Sales in NA wholesale and Asia declined 8% and 6%, respectively. Europe remained a brightspot with sales +7% aided by positive DD comps & new stores. On the call, mgmt. indicated they would no longer be giving QTD comps. Store openings have been adjusted and mgmt. is pushing out 10 NA stores into FY18 while accelerating an additional 10 new stores in Europe. While the low end of FY17 EPS moves up, sales guidance is now for 3-5% growth vs. 5.5-7.5%, prior."
Shares of Guess closed at $14.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- IBM (IBM) PT Raised to $144 at Barclays, Says Funamentals Starting To Stablize In Midst Of Persistent Headwinds
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Bear Poser at Susquehanna Modestly Lifts Numbers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!