Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating on Gilead Sciences (GILD)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating and $108.00 price target on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD). GILD has been winning favorable formulary coverage and enabling access to earlier stage fibrosis patients at the expense of a lower cost per patient resulting from shorter duration of therapy and higher discounts. The company is also having some strong success converting its HIV business to TAF based therapies.
Analyst Joshua Schimmer commented, "With a 7x forward multiple, little has to go right with GILD to drive shares higher, especially in a market environment where other sectors feature ~5% earnings growth names trading with P/E multiples >20x. We believe that ongoing conversion of the HIV business to TAF based therapies, introduction of an FDC comprising of a 1/d unboosted integrase inhibitor with Descovy (TAF/Emtriva) along with stabilization of the HCV franchise will be enough to convince investors that a flattish earnings outlook can drive shares up to a modest 10x P/E multiple (~40% upside). Consensus estimates have essentially no contribution from bictegravir/Descovy, which can extend GILD's dominance from the 2-NRTI segment of 3- drug FDCs to the remaining 1/3 of the regimen. Reiterate OW, GILD is our top large cap pick as a deep value name."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!