Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $80.00 Following 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated a Neutral rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $80.00 (from $74.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Total Revenues were $377.7 million, above consensus at $372.2 million. Billings totaled $430.8 million, versus consensus at $420.7 million.
Analyst Alex Zukin commented, "Workday reported 2Q17 results ahead of consensus expectations with billings growth of 38% vs. consensus of 34% and guided billings to $445 million vs. consensus of $439 million. Management was extremely bullish on 2H pipeline commentary, and while actual sales momentum in 2Q was in-line with expectations, this has yielded an acceleration in new ACV bookings growth and backlog growth well north of 50%. We continue to like the longer-term fundamentals, however, given the implied valuation of 9x CY17E revenues vs. peer group of 7x, we reiterate our Neutral rating and increase our price target from $74 to $80."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!