Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) Following 3Q
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Regions Financial (NYSE: RF), and raised the price target to $11.50 (from $11.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report.
Analyst Kevin Barker commented, "We reiterate our Overweight rating and adjust our price target to $11.50 from $11 following 3Q16 earnings. We are increasing our target to take into account an increase in EPS estimates as the company remains in cost cutting mode while showing incremental progress in growing fee revenue. Our FY17E EPS increases to $0.93 from $0.90 and FY18E EPS to $0.99 from $0.96 primarily due to higher fee income and lower credit costs. Despite our expectation for lackluster growth, we still expect RF to show decent EPS growth as it buys back 4-5% of shares outstanding each year, expenses remain in check and the company shows some incremental growth in fee income through its various growth initiatives or tuck-in acquisitions. The company is also likely to benefit from incrementally lower expenses and higher capital return around CCAR."
Shares of Regions Financial closed at $10.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- Lam Research (LRCX): Raising PT Ahead of Earnings - RBC
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!