Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $23 Following 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT), and raised the price target to $23.00 (from $21.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. System-wide comparable sales grew 7.6% during the quarter, better than the 5.9% the street was expecting and an increase from 6.8% in Q1. Revenues of $91.5M grew 16% year-over-year while the franchise segment grew twice that rate.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Planet Fitness continues to exceed street expectations as comparable sales growth of 7.6% beat the consensus estimate at 5.9%. We're encouraged by the accelerating topline, strong membership growth and on a per store basis, and visibility into further margin expansion and improving returns on capital. Thus, we have raised our target multiple to 17x our CY17E EV/EBITDA estimate (previously 16x) resulting in a $23 price target (previously $21)."
Shares of Planet Fitness closed at $20.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!