Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $23 Following 2Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated an Overweight rating on Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT), and raised the price target to $23.00 (from $21.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. System-wide comparable sales grew 7.6% during the quarter, better than the 5.9% the street was expecting and an increase from 6.8% in Q1. Revenues of $91.5M grew 16% year-over-year while the franchise segment grew twice that rate.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "Planet Fitness continues to exceed street expectations as comparable sales growth of 7.6% beat the consensus estimate at 5.9%. We're encouraged by the accelerating topline, strong membership growth and on a per store basis, and visibility into further margin expansion and improving returns on capital. Thus, we have raised our target multiple to 17x our CY17E EV/EBITDA estimate (previously 16x) resulting in a $23 price target (previously $21)."
Shares of Planet Fitness closed at $20.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!