Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Gap, Inc. (GPS) to $23 Following July Sales Release
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Underweight rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS), and raised the price target to $23.00 (from $21.00), following the company's July sales release. Management expects 2Q adjusted EPS of $0.58-$0.59.
Analyst Neely Tamminga commented, "We are updating our model to reflect the company's July sales release in which comps of -4% came in below consensus of -1%. Looking ahead, management expects FQ2 adjusted EPS of $0.58-$0.59. We commend the leadership team for maintaining a mantra of operating discipline--chief among them a commitment to tighter inventory levels. That said, given the underperformance in 2015 and into early 2016, we prefer to wait-and-see for improving trends in both sell-throughs and promotional activity before reconsidering our Underweight rating."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $25.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!