Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Gap, Inc. (GPS) to $23 Following July Sales Release
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Underweight rating on Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS), and raised the price target to $23.00 (from $21.00), following the company's July sales release. Management expects 2Q adjusted EPS of $0.58-$0.59.
Analyst Neely Tamminga commented, "We are updating our model to reflect the company's July sales release in which comps of -4% came in below consensus of -1%. Looking ahead, management expects FQ2 adjusted EPS of $0.58-$0.59. We commend the leadership team for maintaining a mantra of operating discipline--chief among them a commitment to tighter inventory levels. That said, given the underperformance in 2015 and into early 2016, we prefer to wait-and-see for improving trends in both sell-throughs and promotional activity before reconsidering our Underweight rating."
Shares of Gap, Inc. closed at $25.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!