Piper Jaffray Raises Price Target on Brinker International (EAT) to $50 Following 4Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterated a Neutral rating on Brinker International (NYSE: EAT), and raised the price target to $50.00 (from $49.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. Fourth-quarter operating earnings increased 31.2% y/y to $1.24 per share, in-line with the Street's $1.23. Unchanged FY17 estimates of $3.40 per share aligns to the low end of the company's guided range of $3.40 to $3.50, which was reiterated.
Analyst Nicole Regan commented, "Brinker delivered pro-forma earnings of $1.24 (vs. the Street at $1.23) and same-store sales of (1.8%) for Chili's and (1.7%) for Maggiano's vs. consensus estimates at (2.2%) for Chili’s and (1.3%) for Maggiano’s. The company reiterated its FY17 earnings guidance. We believe comps may turn positive in FY17 driven by strategic initiatives, offset by the backdrop of a weaker industry environment. We also expect a continued focus on returning cash to shareholders via share repurchase and dividends. We are maintaining our Neutral rating and raising our price target to $50 on EAT shares."
Shares of Brinker Int'l closed at $52.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!