Piper Jaffray Downgrades Zions Bancorp (ZION) to Neutral
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ: ZION) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $32.00 (from $30.00).
Analyst Kevin Barker commented, "We are lowering our rating on ZION to Neutral from Overweight after the stock rallied 30% from July lows and is now trading at a 10% premium to the peer group on forward earnings. We recently upgraded ZION to Overweight when the stock was trading at a significant discount to peers while the market was assessing the potential impact from the Brexit vote. As the market recovered, ZION re-rated and is now trading at 13.8x FY17E EPS vs. peers trading at 12.5x. Considering the premium valuation and ZION's position as one of the most asset sensitive banks, we believe the market is now pricing in a move in rates by the Fed and/or some benefit from the recent changes to CCAR."
Shares of Zions Bancorp closed at $31.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!