Piper Jaffray Downgrades VeriFone (PAY) to Neutral
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded VeriFone (NYSE: PAY) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $19.00 (from $27.00).
Analyst Jason Deleeuw commented, "PAY significantly cut FY ’16 guidance and now expects revenue to decline 3% in FY ’17 due to 1) a slowdown in U.S. EMV upgrades from SMB merchants and 2) macro/ political headwinds in Latin America & Turkey. PAY reported U.S. SMB merchants having less urgency to upgrade their POS terminals for EMV following the new chargeback moratorium rules. Also, there continues to be a back-up of POS terminal upgrades as merchant processors and some large merchants deal with the complexity of EMV. We downgrade PAY from OW to Neutral as we no longer expect a meaningful recovery in North America and do not see a return to total company growth until beyond FY ’17, which we believe will limit valuation multiple expansion potential. Our PT moves from $27 to $19."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $1.85 to $1.65 and FY 2017 EPS from $2.24 to $1.55.
Shares of VeriFone closed at $20.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!