Piper Jaffray Downgrades TFS Financial (TFSL) to Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded TFS Financial (NASDAQ: TFSL) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $19. Analyst Matthew M. Breese thinks positives are reflected in valuation.
"As the last large remaining MHC in the country, we remain in favor of Third Federal’s three pronged approach to capital deployment including dividends ($0.50 annually), share repurchases (1.6 million shares repurchased last quarter) and loan growth (balances up 1.3% vs. 1Q). That said, we believe the stock is near fair valued, trading at 96% of estimated fully converted TBV (at an estimated 100% offering price to TBV). However, with share repurchases recently slowing down from ~2.0 million per quarter to ~1.5 million and the recent dividend approval less than we had expected ($0.50 p/s vs. estimated $0.60 p/s), we believe the company is likely to continue to take a slow and steady approach to capital deployment and the valuation will likely remain near current levels over the next 12-18 months. As a result, of this dynamic and the stock near fair value, in our view, we downgrade to Neutral from Overweight," said Breese.
Shares of TFS Financial closed at $18.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!