Piper Jaffray Downgrades TFS Financial (TFSL) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded TFS Financial (NASDAQ: TFSL) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $19. Analyst Matthew M. Breese thinks positives are reflected in valuation.
"As the last large remaining MHC in the country, we remain in favor of Third Federal’s three pronged approach to capital deployment including dividends ($0.50 annually), share repurchases (1.6 million shares repurchased last quarter) and loan growth (balances up 1.3% vs. 1Q). That said, we believe the stock is near fair valued, trading at 96% of estimated fully converted TBV (at an estimated 100% offering price to TBV). However, with share repurchases recently slowing down from ~2.0 million per quarter to ~1.5 million and the recent dividend approval less than we had expected ($0.50 p/s vs. estimated $0.60 p/s), we believe the company is likely to continue to take a slow and steady approach to capital deployment and the valuation will likely remain near current levels over the next 12-18 months. As a result, of this dynamic and the stock near fair value, in our view, we downgrade to Neutral from Overweight," said Breese.
Shares of TFS Financial closed at $18.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!