Piper Jaffray Downgrades Sangamo BioSciences (SGMO) to Neutral
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Sangamo BioSciences (NASDAQ: SGMO) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $5.00 (from $9.00).
Analyst Charles Duncan commented, "This morning Sangamo announced the departure of its EVP of R&D and shares are trading off. This comes after several challenges in the development pipeline and delays to timelines, as recently as August. Today’s news highlights to us that, with the CEO change earlier this year, we lack visibility on Sangamo’s focus and milestones for the next 12+ months. That said, we continue to believe the company has been a leader in gene editing and therapy to-date, and continues to have a differentiated and largely proprietary platform technology with potential broad applicability – so maybe the change in leadership is a long term positive. However, likely course correction will not be immediate and thus we are stepping to the sidelines with a Neutral rating until we see evidence of focused clinical progress and execution from an emerging pipeline."
Shares of Sangamo BioSciences closed at $3.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Customers Bancorp (CUBI) to $40; Reiterates Outperform
- Lionsgate (LGF): Starz Deal Accretive To A Cheap Stock - Brean Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!