Piper Jaffray Downgrades Myriad Genetics (MYGN) to Neutral
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ: MYGN) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $22.00 (from $47.00).
Analyst William Quirk commented, "Myriad's 4Q16 revenue declined 1.8% yoy to $186.5M, below our in line estimate of $187.7M. EPS of $0.36 was below our in line $0.37 estimate. Hereditary Cancer declined 6.7% due to share losses in the oncology business and higher sales force turnover. Management guided FY17 to -7.1% yoy core business revenue decline at the midpoint with FY17 revenue guidance well below consensus ($740M-$760M; Street: $791.8M). Guidance assumes $50M from Assurex, while this was not in Street forecasts. EPS guidance of $1.00-$1.10 (Street: $1.77) includes $0.20 of dilution from the Assurex transaction. While we believe PAMA may ultimately benefit Myriad, we expect reimbursement risk combined with sales force losses will put pressure on the organization for the near term. Thus, we are downgrading to Neutral from Overweight and lowering our price target to $22 (was $47) based on ~17x our revised CY17E EPS (was ~20x CY17E EPS) with the reduced multiple reflecting reimbursement uncertainty."
Shares of Myriad Genetics closed at $29.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!