Piper Jaffray Downgrades Myriad Genetics (MYGN) to Neutral
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ: MYGN) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $22.00 (from $47.00).
Analyst William Quirk commented, "Myriad's 4Q16 revenue declined 1.8% yoy to $186.5M, below our in line estimate of $187.7M. EPS of $0.36 was below our in line $0.37 estimate. Hereditary Cancer declined 6.7% due to share losses in the oncology business and higher sales force turnover. Management guided FY17 to -7.1% yoy core business revenue decline at the midpoint with FY17 revenue guidance well below consensus ($740M-$760M; Street: $791.8M). Guidance assumes $50M from Assurex, while this was not in Street forecasts. EPS guidance of $1.00-$1.10 (Street: $1.77) includes $0.20 of dilution from the Assurex transaction. While we believe PAMA may ultimately benefit Myriad, we expect reimbursement risk combined with sales force losses will put pressure on the organization for the near term. Thus, we are downgrading to Neutral from Overweight and lowering our price target to $22 (was $47) based on ~17x our revised CY17E EPS (was ~20x CY17E EPS) with the reduced multiple reflecting reimbursement uncertainty."
Shares of Myriad Genetics closed at $29.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- RBC Capital Downgrades Concordia Healthcare (CXRX) to Underperform, $1 PT
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!