Piper Jaffray Downgrades Myriad Genetics (MYGN) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ: MYGN) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $22.00 (from $47.00).
Analyst William Quirk commented, "Myriad's 4Q16 revenue declined 1.8% yoy to $186.5M, below our in line estimate of $187.7M. EPS of $0.36 was below our in line $0.37 estimate. Hereditary Cancer declined 6.7% due to share losses in the oncology business and higher sales force turnover. Management guided FY17 to -7.1% yoy core business revenue decline at the midpoint with FY17 revenue guidance well below consensus ($740M-$760M; Street: $791.8M). Guidance assumes $50M from Assurex, while this was not in Street forecasts. EPS guidance of $1.00-$1.10 (Street: $1.77) includes $0.20 of dilution from the Assurex transaction. While we believe PAMA may ultimately benefit Myriad, we expect reimbursement risk combined with sales force losses will put pressure on the organization for the near term. Thus, we are downgrading to Neutral from Overweight and lowering our price target to $22 (was $47) based on ~17x our revised CY17E EPS (was ~20x CY17E EPS) with the reduced multiple reflecting reimbursement uncertainty."
Shares of Myriad Genetics closed at $29.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!