Piper Jaffray Downgrades KeyCorp (KEY) to Neutral
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $13.00 (from $14.50).
Analyst Kevin J. Barker commented, "We are increasingly concerned about KEY's capacity to hit Street estimates of $1.25 in FY17 and $1.43 in FY18. Thus, we would expect the stock to have a difficult time outperforming peers as estimates continue to move lower over the next several months. While we expect KEY to hit its FNFG cost-saving targets over the long-term, we expect the next several quarters to be noisy as the Street resets expectations lower. We are lowering our estimates by $0.05/share in FY17 and FY18 due to revenue headwinds from a flattening yield curve. We would be more positive on the stock if Street estimates declined closer to our estimates, and we had more visibility into KEY returning a larger amount of excess capital to shareholders in the next CCAR."
Shares of KeyCorp closed at $12.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!