Piper Jaffray Downgrades ITT Educational Services (ESI) to Underweight, $0.00 Price Target
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded ITT Educational Services (NYSE: ESI) from Neutral to Underweight with a price target of $0.00 (from $3.00), saying the latest move by the Dept. of Education could be the death knell.
Analyst Peter Appert commented, "A just-announced Dept. of Education ban on ITT Education enrolling new students will likely be the final blow in putting the company out of business. While ESI can likely maintain near-term profitability by further slashing costs, given a ban on new enrollments the company will very quickly become unprofitable, likely forcing shutdown and/or bankruptcy, in our view. We move to an Underweight rating and $0 price target."
Shares of ITT Educational Services closed at $1.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Peter Appert
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!