Piper Jaffray Downgrades ITT Educational Services (ESI) to Underweight, $0.00 Price Target
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded ITT Educational Services (NYSE: ESI) from Neutral to Underweight with a price target of $0.00 (from $3.00), saying the latest move by the Dept. of Education could be the death knell.
Analyst Peter Appert commented, "A just-announced Dept. of Education ban on ITT Education enrolling new students will likely be the final blow in putting the company out of business. While ESI can likely maintain near-term profitability by further slashing costs, given a ban on new enrollments the company will very quickly become unprofitable, likely forcing shutdown and/or bankruptcy, in our view. We move to an Underweight rating and $0 price target."
Shares of ITT Educational Services closed at $1.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Downgrades Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN) to Underweight
- Amazon (AMZN) PT Raised to $1050 at Goldman Sachs Into Q3 Print
- JPMorgan Downgrades ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) to Underweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Peter Appert
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!