Piper Jaffray Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Neutral
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Alcobra Ltd. (NASDAQ: ADHD) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $3.00 (from $10.00).
Analyst Charles Duncan commented, "Alcobra announced its Metadoxine XR (MDX) program was placed on full clinical hold by the FDA. The company believes this involves a neurological safety signal in rodent studies. However, until we learn more about the reasons for the hold and potential relevance to humans, we have low visibility on: timing of a response, impact on the potential for a positive outcome from the Phase III MEASURE study, and the regulatory path forward for MDX. In particular, this news increases clinical risk as only a portion of the targeted MEASURE population is evaluable for efficacy per protocol, thus reducing the probability of demonstrating an impact. That said, this may not be terminal for MDX in the longer term. Overall, given the near-term increase in clinical risk and timeline uncertainty we see across all potential MDX indications, we are stepping to the sidelines with a Neutral and cutting our target to $3."
Shares of Alcobra Ltd. closed at $4.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!