Piper Jaffray Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Alcobra Ltd. (NASDAQ: ADHD) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $3.00 (from $10.00).
Analyst Charles Duncan commented, "Alcobra announced its Metadoxine XR (MDX) program was placed on full clinical hold by the FDA. The company believes this involves a neurological safety signal in rodent studies. However, until we learn more about the reasons for the hold and potential relevance to humans, we have low visibility on: timing of a response, impact on the potential for a positive outcome from the Phase III MEASURE study, and the regulatory path forward for MDX. In particular, this news increases clinical risk as only a portion of the targeted MEASURE population is evaluable for efficacy per protocol, thus reducing the probability of demonstrating an impact. That said, this may not be terminal for MDX in the longer term. Overall, given the near-term increase in clinical risk and timeline uncertainty we see across all potential MDX indications, we are stepping to the sidelines with a Neutral and cutting our target to $3."
Shares of Alcobra Ltd. closed at $4.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!