Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM); Remains Neutral
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $21.00 (from $28.00), following the company's 2Q. Traffic grew 3.5% in the quarter, bouncing back from 2.4% in Q1 and accelerating 170bp on the twoyear stack trend.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "While Q2 comps were largely in line with the Street despite stronger than expected deflation, guidance was trimmed as deflation continues to worsen. Importantly, it appears competition is heating up as retailers are beginning to promote more aggressively and pass along these savings to customers. We continue to fear that the margin benefits experienced in the onset of deflation have subsided as the gap between retail prices and product costs closes, putting pressure on profitability for all industry participants."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $22.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!