Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM); Remains Neutral
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $21.00 (from $28.00), following the company's 2Q. Traffic grew 3.5% in the quarter, bouncing back from 2.4% in Q1 and accelerating 170bp on the twoyear stack trend.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "While Q2 comps were largely in line with the Street despite stronger than expected deflation, guidance was trimmed as deflation continues to worsen. Importantly, it appears competition is heating up as retailers are beginning to promote more aggressively and pass along these savings to customers. We continue to fear that the margin benefits experienced in the onset of deflation have subsided as the gap between retail prices and product costs closes, putting pressure on profitability for all industry participants."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $22.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Baxter (BAX) PT, Estimates Raised at Evercore ISI
- Needham & Company Retains Buy Rating on Nielsen (NLSN) Amid Disappointing Results and Sell-Off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!