Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM); Remains Neutral
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained a Neutral rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $21.00 (from $28.00), following the company's 2Q. Traffic grew 3.5% in the quarter, bouncing back from 2.4% in Q1 and accelerating 170bp on the twoyear stack trend.
Analyst Sean Naughton commented, "While Q2 comps were largely in line with the Street despite stronger than expected deflation, guidance was trimmed as deflation continues to worsen. Importantly, it appears competition is heating up as retailers are beginning to promote more aggressively and pass along these savings to customers. We continue to fear that the margin benefits experienced in the onset of deflation have subsided as the gap between retail prices and product costs closes, putting pressure on profitability for all industry participants."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $22.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!