Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on Ocwen Financial (OCN) to $2; Remains Sidelined
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/20: (DRWI) (MBRX) (SPU) Higher; (RIGL) (FLXS) (DXPE) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterates Neutral rating on Ocwen Financial Corp (NYSE: OCN), and cut the price target to $2.00 (from $2.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. OCN reported operating EPS of (~$0.39), compared to ($0.43) estimate. The operating beat was driven by a higher revenue from Streamlined HAMP and other initiatives.
Analyst Kevin Barker commented, "We reiterate our Neutral rating and lower our price target to $2.00 from $2.50 following the 2Q16 earnings. OCN reported a ($0.71) loss this quarter. We estimate the operating EPS was closer to a ($0.39) loss after taking into: (1) $30M from the Fisher settlements; (2) $15M regulatory reserve related to recent discussions with the California DBO; (3) $11M negative FV marks on MSRs; and (4) $13M of FV adjustments to the New Residential liability. The ($0.39) loss compares to ($0.43) estimate. The operating result was slightly better than our estimate primarily due to higher revenue from Streamlined HAMP (~$0.11 per share) and other initiatives (~$0.15 per share). Considering the loss this quarter, the risk of additional litigation/regulatory expenses and our view that TBV will be below $4.00 within the next year, we are lowering our price target to $2.00."
Shares of Ocwen Financial Corp closed at $2.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Halliburton (HAL) Following 3Q Report
- eBay (EBAY) Turnaround on Track, Buy the Dip - Susquehanna
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $95 at Nomura But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!