Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on Ocwen Financial (OCN) to $2; Remains Sidelined
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray reiterates Neutral rating on Ocwen Financial Corp (NYSE: OCN), and cut the price target to $2.00 (from $2.50), following the company's 2Q earnings report. OCN reported operating EPS of (~$0.39), compared to ($0.43) estimate. The operating beat was driven by a higher revenue from Streamlined HAMP and other initiatives.
Analyst Kevin Barker commented, "We reiterate our Neutral rating and lower our price target to $2.00 from $2.50 following the 2Q16 earnings. OCN reported a ($0.71) loss this quarter. We estimate the operating EPS was closer to a ($0.39) loss after taking into: (1) $30M from the Fisher settlements; (2) $15M regulatory reserve related to recent discussions with the California DBO; (3) $11M negative FV marks on MSRs; and (4) $13M of FV adjustments to the New Residential liability. The ($0.39) loss compares to ($0.43) estimate. The operating result was slightly better than our estimate primarily due to higher revenue from Streamlined HAMP (~$0.11 per share) and other initiatives (~$0.15 per share). Considering the loss this quarter, the risk of additional litigation/regulatory expenses and our view that TBV will be below $4.00 within the next year, we are lowering our price target to $2.00."
Shares of Ocwen Financial Corp closed at $2.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!