Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on H&R Block (HRB) to $28 Following 1Q
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Overweight rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenue of $125M and EPS of ($0.55) were modestly below expectations of $129M and ($0.53), respectively In connection with F1Q results, management remains focused on "arresting" assisted and digital DIY tax volume declines, likely using pricing as a key tactical lever.
Analyst George Tong commented, "While H&R Block's F1Q print itself was a relative non-event and commentary remained limited on strategic changes in the 2017 tax season, we sense management will take appropriate measures with pricing and promotions to stem declines in assisted and digital DIY tax volumes, particularly in the early tax season. With strong execution, we believe this strategy can drive a positive inflection in revenue growth in F2017, along with margin expansion from cost actions already completed to-date. Accordingly, we remain buyers of HRB, particularly with shares down ~5% in the after-market."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Bj's Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI): Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Bumped to $45 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!