Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on H&R Block (HRB) to $28 Following 1Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray maintained an Overweight rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Revenue of $125M and EPS of ($0.55) were modestly below expectations of $129M and ($0.53), respectively In connection with F1Q results, management remains focused on "arresting" assisted and digital DIY tax volume declines, likely using pricing as a key tactical lever.
Analyst George Tong commented, "While H&R Block's F1Q print itself was a relative non-event and commentary remained limited on strategic changes in the 2017 tax season, we sense management will take appropriate measures with pricing and promotions to stem declines in assisted and digital DIY tax volumes, particularly in the early tax season. With strong execution, we believe this strategy can drive a positive inflection in revenue growth in F2017, along with margin expansion from cost actions already completed to-date. Accordingly, we remain buyers of HRB, particularly with shares down ~5% in the after-market."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!