Piper Jaffray Bullish on Walt Disney (DIS) Into Next Week's Print
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Stan Meyers is positive on Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) into Q3 results on Tuesday, 8/9. The analyst expects the company's results to come in slightly ahead on revenues and EPS.
Meyers said the quarter should be positively impacted by: (1) solid box office across The Jungle Book, Captain America and Finding Dory; (2) Star Wars' robust home video sales; (3) strong NBA Playoffs ratings (Game 7 drew over 31M viewers, setting a record for ABC); (4) Solid merchandise sales (NPD reported Q2 toy sales were up over 7%); (5) Some top-line growth from Shanghai opening (1M attendees in the first month).
On the negative side, they expect a few negative items to modestly impact the quarter including the underperformance of Alice 2 and shift of the Easter Holiday to F2Q.
The firm reiterated an Overweight rating and price target of $120 into the print.
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $95.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Raised to $50 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!