Piper Jaffray Bullish on Walt Disney (DIS) Into Next Week's Print
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Stan Meyers is positive on Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) into Q3 results on Tuesday, 8/9. The analyst expects the company's results to come in slightly ahead on revenues and EPS.
Meyers said the quarter should be positively impacted by: (1) solid box office across The Jungle Book, Captain America and Finding Dory; (2) Star Wars' robust home video sales; (3) strong NBA Playoffs ratings (Game 7 drew over 31M viewers, setting a record for ABC); (4) Solid merchandise sales (NPD reported Q2 toy sales were up over 7%); (5) Some top-line growth from Shanghai opening (1M attendees in the first month).
On the negative side, they expect a few negative items to modestly impact the quarter including the underperformance of Alice 2 and shift of the Easter Holiday to F2Q.
The firm reiterated an Overweight rating and price target of $120 into the print.
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $95.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!