Piper Jaffray Attends MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM Trade Shows in Las Vegas
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray attended the MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM trade shows in Las Vegas and walked product lines for CROX, DECK, GIII, SHOO, SQBG & VNCE. Denim received multiple positive mentions. Brands talked about denim as a category that is starting to rebound. Within footwear, athletic is still the best growing category and Adidas was cited frequently as a brand with on-going momentum.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are framing up our key takeaways from the MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM trade shows in Las Vegas where we walked Spring/Summer 2017 product lines for CROX, DECK, GIII, SHOO, SQBG & VNCE. While retail stocks have started to rally following a series of less-worse-than-feared results in the past few weeks, management teams are still taking a cautious view on the environment. Retailers are taking tight control on inventory as consumers shop more "buy now, wear now”, and as more traffic moves online. Order patterns are therefore harder to predict than in the past as less business is being booked up front. Brands that did comment on SS17 orders, indicated a pattern that was trending toward flat to down. From a fashion perspective, three consistent themes: 1) denim; 2) "casual chic" looks are trending; 3) sneaker growth continuing (Adidas strength noted) with breath of newness in dress shoes."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!