Piper Jaffray Attends MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM Trade Shows in Las Vegas
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray attended the MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM trade shows in Las Vegas and walked product lines for CROX, DECK, GIII, SHOO, SQBG & VNCE. Denim received multiple positive mentions. Brands talked about denim as a category that is starting to rebound. Within footwear, athletic is still the best growing category and Adidas was cited frequently as a brand with on-going momentum.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are framing up our key takeaways from the MAGIC, PROJECT & PLATFORM trade shows in Las Vegas where we walked Spring/Summer 2017 product lines for CROX, DECK, GIII, SHOO, SQBG & VNCE. While retail stocks have started to rally following a series of less-worse-than-feared results in the past few weeks, management teams are still taking a cautious view on the environment. Retailers are taking tight control on inventory as consumers shop more "buy now, wear now”, and as more traffic moves online. Order patterns are therefore harder to predict than in the past as less business is being booked up front. Brands that did comment on SS17 orders, indicated a pattern that was trending toward flat to down. From a fashion perspective, three consistent themes: 1) denim; 2) "casual chic" looks are trending; 3) sneaker growth continuing (Adidas strength noted) with breath of newness in dress shoes."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Under Armour's (UA) 'Overweight' Maintained at Piper Jaffray Despite Long-Term Guidance
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Visa (V) Following Solid 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!