Piper Jaffray Assumes SanDisk (SNDK) at Overweight on 'Impressive' Q1
- Top 10 News for 03/23 - 03/27: Kraft/Heinz Mega Food Merger, SanDisk Warns, Biotech Bubblicious
- Intel (INTC) in Talks to Buy Altera Corp (ALTR) - WSJ
- Dow Chemical (DOW) to Separate Chlor-Alkali Unit, Merge it with Olin (OLN)
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of 4c
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/27: Higher GBSN, OLN, OXM; Lower OHRP, MOLG, APDN (more...)
Piper Jaffray assomes coverage on SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) with a Overweight rating and takes its price target from $81 to $85 following "impressive" Q1 results after the close with results driven by SSD.
Analyst Ruben Roy comments, "SNDK reported 1Q14 revenues of $1.5bn and non-GAAP EPS of $1.44, beating consensus of $1.5bn and $1.26. Non-GAAP GM improved 25bps q/q to 51.2% on favorable mix of higher margin SSD revenue which grew to 28% of revenue and was up 17% q/q. SNDK reiterated its expectation for 40% y/y industry bit growth in 2014 while its own growth is expected to be 25-35% y/y. The company also reiterated its FY14 revenue guidance of $6.4-$6.8bn, but now expects non-GAAP GM at 47-49% (vs. 45-48% previously) due to better than expected product mix due to sales of SSDs which are expected to comprise 25% of FY14 revenues. We update our CY15 estimates, taking into account higher GM expectations as we estimate 100bps improvement y/y, which increases earnings power."
The firm lifts FY 2014 EPS from $5.50 to $5.73 and FY 2015 EPS from $6.25 to $6.53.
Shares of SanDisk closed at $75.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT, Estimates Cut at Piper Jaffray Post Q4
- SanDisk (SNDK) PT Cut to $56 at Wedbush
- USD Partners LP (USDP) Has 'Significant Upside', Credit Suisse Says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!