Piper Cuts Ests on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following Q2 Report; PT Drops to $31
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray is cutting its price target on Neutral-rated G-III Apparel Group (Nasdaq: GIII) from $48 down to $31 following weak Q2 results issued earlier Tuesday.
The firm commented,
In addition to Q2's miss, the company issued its Q3 outlook below expectations--$940M in sales vs. our former $1,021M. We are reducing our Q3 EPS from $2.07 to $1.53 (guide: $1.50-$1.60) and our FY17 EPS from $2.55 to $1.90 (guide: $2.20-$2.30). Even with strong outerwear orders planned for Q4 and the new businesses (TH/KL) coming on, we struggle to see the feasibility of the implied level of wholesale sales in guidance. We believe reorders, positive comps and colder weather are implied in the range, which may prove aggressive. Our Q4 EPS of $0.34 (vs. implied $0.62-$0.72) assumes a 16% sales growth and 100% EPS growth. Our estimates do not include DKNY, which we now believe is $0.60+ dilutive in FY18.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!