Pinnacle Foods (PF) Gains After Being Highlighted as a Possible Takeout Target for ConAgra (CAG)
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
In his upgrade of ConAgra today, Palmer said Conagra's lack of shareholder protection, pure-play aspirations, and a projected low level of leverage post-spin all point to a major acquisition near term. He sees Pinnacle as the most likely target, citing three reasons:
1) its board has demonstrated a willingness to sell,
2) ConAgra has an intimate knowledge of its business given past history between management, and
3) they believe Conagra and Pinnacle synergies would be among the highest in US Food.
The analyst uses a $62 takeout price for Pinnacle, which he said would offer 16% EPS accretion assuming a 50/50 stock/cash deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- Virgin America (VA) Gains; Alaska Air (ALK) Near Consent Decree - CTFN
- Time Warner (TWX) volatility increases after reports of AT&T (T) mulling possible takeover bid
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!