Pinnacle Foods (PF) Gains After Being Highlighted as a Possible Takeout Target for ConAgra (CAG)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
In his upgrade of ConAgra today, Palmer said Conagra's lack of shareholder protection, pure-play aspirations, and a projected low level of leverage post-spin all point to a major acquisition near term. He sees Pinnacle as the most likely target, citing three reasons:
1) its board has demonstrated a willingness to sell,
2) ConAgra has an intimate knowledge of its business given past history between management, and
3) they believe Conagra and Pinnacle synergies would be among the highest in US Food.
The analyst uses a $62 takeout price for Pinnacle, which he said would offer 16% EPS accretion assuming a 50/50 stock/cash deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
- The New York Times Co. (NYT) Announces Acquisition of Two Product-Recommendation Service Companies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!