Perrigo (PRGO): Takeout Value Is $153 - Guggenheim
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Guggenheim analyst, Louise Chen reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Perrigo Co. (NYSE: PRGO) after performing a Sum-of-the-Parts Analysis (SOTP) which suggests that PRGO shares are undervalued because clouds of uncertainty are masking the underlying growth potential of good assets (Consumer, Rx, Pipeline in '17+).
Management changes, several downward earnings revisions, generic drug pricing headwinds and a slowdown in Consumer launches this year have weighed on PRGO's stock through 1H16. PRGO shares are now down 37.8% YTD vs. +6.9% for the S&P500, and overall sentiment is negative on the stock. The analyst believes expectations have been reset and PRGO's risk/ reward is skewed to the upside.
As part of the analysis, Ms Chen, estimated PRGO's take-out value and derived $153 per share, 69% upside from where the stock is trading now. MYL was willing to pay ~$177 per share for PRGO's stock last year, she believes the fundamentals of the business have not deteriorated that much since then.
No change to the price target of $125.
Shares of Perrigo Co. closed at $91.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings, Louise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!