Perrigo (PRGO): Patience Will Be Rewarded - Guggenheim
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Guggenheim analyst, Louise Chen, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Perrigo Co. (NYSE: PRGO) after meeting with management. In short, the analyst believes that the delay in turning the company around does not change the fact that PRGO has a unique set of assets that are currently undervalued. According to the analyst, management realizes it is running out of time in helping investors realize the value of those assets and answered 7 questions that were at the forefront of investors minds:
1) PRGO was a little surprised that TEVA (NYSE: TEVA) was first-to-file on store brand Nexium, but the company knew TEVA would get involved with OTC store brands which they inherited from their recent generics acquisition
2) PRGO would not comment if they have met with activist shareholder, Starboard Value, which recently took at 4.6% stake in the stock
3) PRGO noted Starboard has not suggested anything the company has not already thought about
4) It did not sound like PRGO was interested in selling its generics business, and the company made a point to note the manufacturing dissynergies to a potential buyer
5) Generic drug pricing between 7/1/16 and 8/10/16 is tracking in line with PRGO's guidance.
6) PRGO recently improved its debt covenants by ~1 turn and leverage will be below 4x by next year
7) PRGO is on track to launch Nasacort in October, which we estimate could have peak sales of $30-40MM. For context, PRGO's largest Consumer product, Prilosec, is $200MM+ in annual sales.
No change to the price target of $125.00
Shares of Perrigo Co. closed at $92.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Starboard Value, Louise Chen, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!