Perrigo (PRGO): Details Behind The Guidance Cut - UBS
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Marc Goodman, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Perrigo Co. (NYSE: PRGO) and provided insight into the guidance reduction.
The analyst noted "Mgt clipped $200M off the top line in Rx with 50% from pricing pressure and 50% from volume loss (of which ~1/3 each due to competition, new product timing, and a cushion for what if something else goes wrong). Mgt certainly sounded much more like it really hit the numbers this time versus last quarter. The good news is that during the first 5 weeks in the quarter mgt hasn’t seen the same level of price deterioration, so there is always the chance there could be upside. Mgt also clipped $100M off the top line for Omega and pointed to increased advertising investments in 2H16, specifically 3Q16."
He also notes that new products should drive >$300M of sales in 2016 (~70% from consumer, mainly CHC and 30% from Rx). But that said, he cut his price target to $110.00 (from $120.00).
Shares of Perrigo Co. closed at $86.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
- Jefferies Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!