Perrigo (PRGO): Details Behind The Guidance Cut - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Marc Goodman, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Perrigo Co. (NYSE: PRGO) and provided insight into the guidance reduction.
The analyst noted "Mgt clipped $200M off the top line in Rx with 50% from pricing pressure and 50% from volume loss (of which ~1/3 each due to competition, new product timing, and a cushion for what if something else goes wrong). Mgt certainly sounded much more like it really hit the numbers this time versus last quarter. The good news is that during the first 5 weeks in the quarter mgt hasn’t seen the same level of price deterioration, so there is always the chance there could be upside. Mgt also clipped $100M off the top line for Omega and pointed to increased advertising investments in 2H16, specifically 3Q16."
He also notes that new products should drive >$300M of sales in 2016 (~70% from consumer, mainly CHC and 30% from Rx). But that said, he cut his price target to $110.00 (from $120.00).
Shares of Perrigo Co. closed at $86.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Perrigo (PRGO) Sees Intra-Day Gains on Report It Hired a Banker
- Proofpoint (PFPT): Raising PT After A Stellar Quarter - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!