PayPal (PYPL): Splashing Cold Water on The Bear Case - Nomura
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Bill Carcache, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) ahead of 3Q16 earnings on October 20th after the close.
The analyst expects the numbers to be in line but more importantly, most of the focus should be on the outlook. The analyst does not anticipate full-blown 2017 guidance this quarter expects PYPL to offer additional details on its margin expectations. He believes investors walked away from last quarter’s earnings call believing that PYPL was guiding to margin compression, but commentary in recent public appearances has been more bullish.
The analyst stated "we think “stable” would be good enough for the margin outlook but expect shares to enjoy an incremental boost if management guides to potential expansion, while emphasizes the accretive nature of its recent partnership deals—a possibility that we believe makes the risk-reward attractive and leads us to recommend buying PYPL into the print".
No change to the price target of $54.
Shares of PayPal closed at $39.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!