Parsley Energy (PE): Raising PT On Accretive Acquisition - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, William Janela, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Parsley Energy (NYSE: PE) after the company issued ~8.34MM Class A common shares for expected net proceeds of ~$271MM and completed a $200MM private placement of senior notes due 2024. Net proceeds from the transactions will be used to fund the acquisition of ~9,140 net acres in Glasscock County with the balance directed to capex and general corporate purposes.
The headline price implies PE is paying a steep production-adjusted >$42,000/acre (comfortably above recent valuation markers in the Permian) but the associated NRI uplift & modest increase to its inventory-wide lateral length make the deal accretive to our 2P NAV estimate (+$5 to ~$42/share) & boost PE's unbooked:proved ratio from 6.8x to 8.7x, above the peer median of ~7.0x and the second highest within our Permian universe (behind PXD).
The price target increases to $38 from $33.
Shares of Parsley Energy closed at $33.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!