Parsley Energy (PE): Raising PT On Accretive Acquisition - UBS
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS analyst, William Janela, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Parsley Energy (NYSE: PE) after the company issued ~8.34MM Class A common shares for expected net proceeds of ~$271MM and completed a $200MM private placement of senior notes due 2024. Net proceeds from the transactions will be used to fund the acquisition of ~9,140 net acres in Glasscock County with the balance directed to capex and general corporate purposes.
The headline price implies PE is paying a steep production-adjusted >$42,000/acre (comfortably above recent valuation markers in the Permian) but the associated NRI uplift & modest increase to its inventory-wide lateral length make the deal accretive to our 2P NAV estimate (+$5 to ~$42/share) & boost PE's unbooked:proved ratio from 6.8x to 8.7x, above the peer median of ~7.0x and the second highest within our Permian universe (behind PXD).
The price target increases to $38 from $33.
Shares of Parsley Energy closed at $33.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!