Parsley Energy (PE): Raising PT On Accretive Acquisition - UBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, William Janela, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Parsley Energy (NYSE: PE) after the company issued ~8.34MM Class A common shares for expected net proceeds of ~$271MM and completed a $200MM private placement of senior notes due 2024. Net proceeds from the transactions will be used to fund the acquisition of ~9,140 net acres in Glasscock County with the balance directed to capex and general corporate purposes.
The headline price implies PE is paying a steep production-adjusted >$42,000/acre (comfortably above recent valuation markers in the Permian) but the associated NRI uplift & modest increase to its inventory-wide lateral length make the deal accretive to our 2P NAV estimate (+$5 to ~$42/share) & boost PE's unbooked:proved ratio from 6.8x to 8.7x, above the peer median of ~7.0x and the second highest within our Permian universe (behind PXD).
The price target increases to $38 from $33.
Shares of Parsley Energy closed at $33.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) PT Lowered to $99 at UBS Following 4Q EPS Miss
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!