Pandora (P) PT Raised to $14 at Mizuho; One of Most Likely to be Acquired
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Neil Doshi raised his price target on Pandora (NYSE: P) to $13.00 (from $11.00) but maintained a Neutral rating. The target was increased on the new direct deals, as well as its potential as an M&A target.
"Given that Pandora announced that it signed direct deals with Sony, Universal, Merlin, and 30+ indie labels for its ondemand product, we believe that a partial overhang has been lifted from the stock," Doshi said.
The analyst views Pandora as one of the most likely to be acquired.
"On the Internet side, we believe that Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) or Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) could be the most likely candidates to buy Pandora," Doshi commented. "For Apple, Pandora could be a nice complement to its on-demand music product which now has 17 million subscribers. Furthermore, we’d note that Apple’s acquisition of Beats has not yielded any real success on the subscription side, so a Pandora deal could make sense. For Google, Pandora could give the company access to a large listener base and help jump start its Play Music initiative. Furthermore, Pandora can generate new streams of revenue for Google, and can potentially plug into Google/Doubleclick’s network for ads. Finally, we note that Liberty Media (NASDAQ: LMCA) and Sirius XM (NASDAQ: SIRI) would be likely. With attractive valuation, activist investors involved, and new product launches, including a possible $5/month plan, we think Pandora could be a potential win-win for investors."
Shares of Pandora closed at $14.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!