Pandora (P): New Product Pushes Profitability Farther Out - Needham
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Pandora (NYSE: P) but cut profit estimates for 2017 due to the additional dilution from the new agreements with record labels and the impact of incremental trial subscriptions.
The two key points about the model revision are:
1) 4Q16 will see a step-up in costs of ad-driven revenue from about $31/1000 listening hours to $33, totaling about $25mm of extra costs in 4Q16
2) in 2017 revenue drops on the ad-driven service as there will be a 90-day free trial period for the new $10/month on-demand service (with zero ads), which should lower listening hours and available ad units on the free service in an effort to convert some of these hours into higher revenue customers during 2017.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Pandora closed at $13.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Oracle (ORCL): Earnings Preview, Checks Show Strong Cloud Revenue - Jefferies
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!