Pandora (P): New Product Pushes Profitability Farther Out - Needham
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Pandora (NYSE: P) but cut profit estimates for 2017 due to the additional dilution from the new agreements with record labels and the impact of incremental trial subscriptions.
The two key points about the model revision are:
1) 4Q16 will see a step-up in costs of ad-driven revenue from about $31/1000 listening hours to $33, totaling about $25mm of extra costs in 4Q16
2) in 2017 revenue drops on the ad-driven service as there will be a 90-day free trial period for the new $10/month on-demand service (with zero ads), which should lower listening hours and available ad units on the free service in an effort to convert some of these hours into higher revenue customers during 2017.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Pandora closed at $13.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) PT Raised to $15 at Needham & Company
- American International Group (AIG) PT Lowered to $69 at UBS
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!