Pandora (P): Cutting Estimates But Substantially Improved Product - Needham
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Pandora (NYSE: P) after the company demonstrated three new features and products last night after the close. Each should drive longer listening hours, higher average ARPUs and a shift from free toward paid subscription subs.
However, profitability expectations need to come down for 4Q16 as the cost of music will step up to $33 from about $31.50 starting now and for all of 4Q16 and 2017. P announced that it had signed deals with the 3 major music labels (Warner, Sony and Universal) and announced that their content costs in their core historical ad-supported business would rise from $31.50 per thousand songs to $33 as soon as they launched on-demand features.
The new features convinced the analyst that P is getting its money’s worth. P's 78mm ad-fee listeners will now be able to replay songs and skip more songs AS LONG AS they watch a video ad first. Replays and profligate skipping were not allowed 2 weeks ago. More video ads suggest rising ARPUs because video ads are full screen takeovers at much higher prices than P's historical audio ads.
No change to the price target of $16.
Shares of Pandora closed at $13.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!