Palo Alto Networks (PANW): Wells Fargo Looks On The Bright Side
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst Gray Powell, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) along with his valuation range of $183.00 to $191.00. His perspective is that the weakness in guidance is caused by a shift towards Subscription revenue rather than perpetual licensing which would offer a larger upfront revenue bump. He followed up with a billings analysis that showed a level of $572M, higher than the $562M, expected by Street consensus. This analysis did not look at the underlying bookings growth rates however.
The analyst stated: "The billings upside was clean as the change in long-term deferred accounted for 13.6% of billings vs 14.6% in FQ3’16. In addition, product revenue of $191MM (+24% yr/yr) was ahead of the Street estimate of $188MM (+22% yr/yr)". Additionally "PANW expects product revenue growth of only 12-13% vs the prior Street expectation of 22% yr/yr.
Admittedly, this is likely a disappointment to many, however growth should improve in 2H’17 as compares ease. Furthermore, management expects product growth to improve in FY’18. It is also worth noting that PANW is targeting services revenue growth in excess of 50% vs the prior Street est of 45%."
Shares of Palo Alto Networks closed at $143.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): Chip Recovery Has Begun - Wells Fargo
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!